Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share Family plan abroad

Share Family plan abroad

Hi,

my family is about to purchase the Family Spotify Premium plan.

1. My worry is that they currently live in Spain and I am currently living abroad (Sweden) for a couple of months.

Can I still join the plan and have premium access?

2. I have been reading other posts but depending on the source answers seem to contradict themselves. In particular, they often remark the fact of all us having the same country set in our user account settings. I checked this in the Settings/Edit Profile/Country field and it says "Spain". I assume this is the way it should be right? I am not really sure.

3. I guess the country settings depend on my payment settings. However, since I will not be the one paying for the family pack, will my account still remain as a "spanish" one?

The thing is that I would not like to waste 30 Eur and do not have acces at all to premium advantadges.

Thanks a lot to the Community!

Have a nice day

4 Replies

Hey @lucasrg,

Unfortunately the plan is only for people who live at the same address. You don't live at the same address as the plan owner so you won't be able to join.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am currently studying abroad and expect to return soon. I am a resident in Spain and live in the same address as them, I just happen to be out for a period. Still this does not count? Instead of paying 15/6 = 2.5 Eur I automatically have to pay 9.99 Eur? It does not make much sense to me at all.

And by the way, how does Spotify check if I am not in the same address? via IP? What if a member is not connected using the home IP because she is at work? Can it only be used at home then?

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Cheers

There are several methods that Spotify uses to determine if the person resides at the same address as the plan owner.

It's against Spotify's Terms and Conditions and Policy to add members to a Premium for Family plan who do not reside at the same address as the plan owner.

It doesn't count that you usually live in Spain but are in Sweden for a longer period of time.

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks once again for your reply 🙂

Honestly, I was not expecting this coming from a modern company. I am a student, I do not have income and 120 Eur/year vs 30 Eur/year is a huge difference to me. Really disappointed with Spotify's policy :(.

Suggested posts