Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WTF, my iPod touch is refusing to play!!!

WTF, my iPod touch is refusing to play!!!

When starting to play evrey song stops playing after abot one(1) minute.

I have premium account so this really sucks...

Nothing wrong with the account coz it plays on every other device i use.

It´s the same even if i use OffLineMode.

plz, anyone having the same issue, let me know

31 Replies

Hi Pch,

You might want to check your App Store to see if there is an update for Spotify - we released one recently that should help resolve this. 

I also recommend updating your firmware: 

1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Open iTunes
3. Go to the Device view
4. Click on "Check for updates"

If you're still having trouble, please let us know how many playlists you have and how much spare space do you have left on your iTouch? How much of that is taken up by Spotify?

Yes I'm having the same problem which I've already reported and not received a fix for yet. Tried everything I can think of, re- install, clearing down playlist, complete factory re-set of iPod and re-install but still no luck, app crashes after a few minutes. I'm running IOS5 and latest version of app.

Same problem. Signed up as premium account. Plays for about 5 minutes on my ipod touch then crashes. It does tha same on my ipad. Both running IOS5. Both have been reinstalled. After several restarts, I get fed up and resort to iTunes. This app is not doing what it should. The web seems to be full of similar tales of woe. I wonder what trading standards will make of it.

been there, done that not working...

Yeah, having same problem - though I'm 99% sure it didn't start until I downloaded the last update update!

Hey everyone,

The next thing i recommend would be making sure you have enough memory to run the app--you could also make sure all apps are closed down correctly:

1. Double press the home button, this will bring up app icons. 
2. Press one until they shudder and then use the red circle with the line through to close the app down.
3. Repeat this for any icons that show and you will have to scroll through them.
This closes them down correctly and stops your memory from being used.

Hi, already tried running this with all other apps closed down and it makes no difference. It'll play for about 5 or 10 minutes and then shut down every time.

I have the same issue.  Songs stop playing at about 1 minute even through full Wi-Fi connection. After a while it just stops playing songs completely. Very annoying, and not worth $10 a month!

These guys seem to have no clue about how to fix this.

All the usual...

• check for updates
  • close down other apps
  • delete and reinstall
  • etc 
  • etc
  • etc

They have no other answers. 

Until they can fix this total mess, vote with your wallet and cancel your premium subs. 'Premium'? What a joke.

I've reported this service to our governments consumer organisation. Spotify want your money, but can't/won't fix their crappy app.

I have exactly the same problem! It started doing it this Saturday. I can play it on my computer, but when I use my iPhone 4 it wont work. It stops in the middle of the song sometimes and I have to close the app every time I want to play a new song. 

I have the latest update and I'm not using my account on other devices. But I've read that a lot off people have the same problem right now, so it must be something with Spotify and not just my account/phone, right?

And I have a premium account. 

....and so it continues.

I find it 'odd' that the Spotify founder, who has posted in these forums, has yet to post a reply to us consumers who are having these issues.

Perhaps he's living too comfortably off subscriptions to actually give a **bleep** anymore.

As I've said, I have reported Spotify to the UK's Direct Gov website, along with links from here and elsewhere showing the total disatisfaction of consumers who have this issue.

Will any staff member here actually reply to my posts, as the silence is DEAFENING!

It seems that most of the Spotify management team are on Linked In so maybe it's worth escalating this way and see if that makes any difference.  It would just be nice to have the issue acknowledged. 

Chris Maples is the UK Managing Director

Martin Lorentzon is the Owner & Founder of Spotify

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-maples/b/b83/473

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=43669938&pid=35754711&authType=name&authToken=3OXT&trk=pbmap

Not sure if this is likely to make any difference but maybe a few 'polite' messages of complaint to Spotify management would help provide some focus on this problem.

Hi Everyone,

I encourage you to get in touch with us directly via our contact form if you're still experiencing this issue. 

By using this channel we can let you know as soon as there are any updates by emailing you directly. 

Thanks Meredith, I can't speak for everyone else but I logged the issue via the contact form 3 weeks ago and have not received anything back other than an initial 're-install' the app response.  I've politely requested an update on a number of occasions but no-one is coming back to me hence my frustration and the need to try and expedite a fix for the issue.

Tried updating to ios 5.1 to see if this would resolve the issue but still crashes after playing for 5 mins every time. I can't believe that nobody is able to advise when an update is due to be released to fix this. I understand it must be challenging to develop apps for multiple platforms which are constantly being updated but this is a paid for service and customers expect it to work.

I got this email back from the UK's Consumer Direct after I reported the lack of service here.

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct dated 05/03/12.  Your reference number for this case is XX XXXXXXX  and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Based on the information you’ve provided, your rights may fall under a piece of legislation named the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. 

The trader is under a duty to carry out the work with reasonable care and skill.  If they fail to do so, it could be argued that this is a breach of contract. 

As a result, you could ask that they rectify the faults within a reasonable time.  If this is not possible, you could ask them to compensate you for damages, in the end it would depend on what a Court would feel is reasonable.

So you could ask Spotify to resolve the faults with the service and compensate you for any services you have been without.

If you know their address, we would advise that you send the letter, detailing your argument and rights with the trader asking that they return and resolve the faults within a reasonable time.

You should send the letter by recorded delivery, so you can track the letter through the Royal Mail to ensure it has been delivered, keeping a copy for your own records.

I have passed the details of your enquiry to Trading Standards to make them aware of trader, the details shall be passed to their offices and may be used for intelligence purposes to detect any potential breaches of criminal legislation.

I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you do not receive a satisfactory response and you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 quoting the case reference number.

This is now ongoing for me, so I can only suggest that people here who aren't happy do the same.

Thanks uziyerdaddy, I've also logged a complaint with consumer direct and received a similar response. Just need to send the letter now and if I don't hear anything back will follow up with consumer direct as advised.

I've also logged a complaint to bbc watchdog. It's a long shot but if they received enough complaints they may do a feature on the programme.

All this 'log a support ticket' is crud. They know there is an over-riding issue with their software, and they should look at fixing this wholesale instead of their usual cliche 'fixes' that they post up here. Come on guys...while you continue to take a fee from members for this whilst not providing a proper service, then you are in breach of your own contract with the consumer, and in effect, breaking trading law.

Guy's, YOUR SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY, and I'll be attempting to reclaim the £9.99/month I paid for the months that this software hasn't been working properly.

All we have asked for is for you fully realise that if so many of us are having this issue that it is NOT our fault, and for you to look in your own back yard and fix this borked app.

Hello.

May I remind everyone of the Community Guidelines. This Spotify Community is not an official support route, and multiple duplicate posts will be deleted. 

I've played around with the iOS application recently and not managed to replicate it crashing after 1 minute of play. Naturally, this is concerning. As always, the first suggestion would be to try a clean reinstallation. However, it appears this has not worked for some of you. 

In this case, I'd like to gather some more information. 

* The make and model of your iOS device (iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, etc)

* The version of iOS you are using. 

* The Spotify version you are using. Click on "Settings" and then it's under "Version"

* Do you experience the same problem when using a different Sync / Stream quality?

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts