Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle a playlist?

Solved!

Shuffle a playlist?

Hey, I can't seem to find any button on Spotify saying SHUFFLE - how do you random play your tracks / playlists?

56 Replies

Thanks Liam! I apparently selected the shuffle button accidentally and was very frustrated with the unwanted shuffling. All better now. 🙂

The key command is ctrl + S, by the way.

What are you listening to that's 6 minutes long?

Thank You!!!! I couldn't seem to find this as well.

Like "Joe" says, when I make my playlists I always put the songs in a "general" playlist & also my 'genre' list. Eg. I've put Iggy Azaleas' "Fancy" under both my "general" playlist (or All Songs as mine's called), but also in my R&B/Hip Hop list. I do this for all songs I really like but also some songs/artists can cross-genres (be put under both "Rock" & "Rap" for eg.), so when I get bored from my smaller playlists, I just go to 'All Songs", hit the shuffle button (as in the solution), & voilà! It's not ideal as a basic member due to swipe limits though. Man I love Spotify.

thanks

Thank you. This helped alot.

I can't believe how obvious this was haha. Thanks for the help 🙂

the shuffling isnt working for me.

> Hi maahuum,
> Sorry to go very basic, so you've gone to 'playlist', selected which playlist you want to listen to, clicked on 'shuffle play' at the top. Then did you click on the song playing (at the bottom of the screen - where the song, artist and play/pause button is just above the bottom menu list). That takes you to a screen where there should be an album cover for the song, & pause, backwards/forwards etc. Down on the bottom left of the screen there should be the shuffle "button" (a little icon of two arrows in a crossed position). Make sure this is highlighted green for shuffling your playlist. Otherwise it should be grey for following the order it is in/non-shuffle. It should work now. Just swipe through a few songs to make sure it's shuffling.
> Sorry to be so simplistic, I've just started from the beginning so we don't miss anything. Hope this helps.
>
> Corie

On my laptop it used to show that. But now it shows Like and Unlike button. I also am not using the web version. I need help please.

SpotHelp.PNG

Not sure if this helps, but I can suggest what I know. I see what you mean about the 'like/unlike' buttons being where the shuffle usually is. I haven't seen that before, however I mostly use Spotify on my iPhone so I'm not so familiar with the desktop. I checked through 'Settings' but couldn't see any options there. Are you a premium member? Not sure if the new Spotify updates have possibly changed for non-premium members maybe? The only thing I can suggest sorry is if you have a Mac, the 'Playback' menu (from the drop-down bar at the top of the screen) has shuffle as an option about midway (command S is the shortcut). I'm not sure what the shortcut is for Windows systems but if you can search that, maybe that will work? I did a quick search but couldn't find it. Maybe try Ctrl S and then check to see if it's shuffling? The only time the 'like/unlike' buttons appear for me, are in 'Radio Stations', so I'm not sure why it's coming up on your regular playlists. I hope you get a workable solution.

And, what if that icon is ON, but random order seems to be exactly like a non random one? Am I watching a random special moment this WEEK, or it just doesn´t work?

Perfect thsnkyou

I was listening to music on my lapton and couldnt find the shuffle button anywhere, you have to start a track before the button appeares (just a little top tip that confused me for ages)

I cant seem to work out how to shuffle the hole play list from my PC , i can do it on my phone but not on my PC....

please help 🙂

Ye thx i realized now!!!

Suggested posts