Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play button has disappeared

Users are reporting that the Shuffle Play button has disappeared. This seems to be happening on iPhones only. The Shuffle button is missing both from playlists and in the Now Playing view next to the Play-button.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
i cannot shuffle my playlist on spotify mobile
there is no option to shuffle
there’s no shuffle button
idk what’s wrong with it pls help
Yordan

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

You can find the Shuffle button at the top of the playlist/album view, in the bottom left corner of the Now Playing view or by tapping the three dots menu while in the Now Playing view.

Playlist/Album viewPlaylist/Album viewNow Playing viewNow Playing viewThe three dots menuThe three dots menu

In case you can't find the Shuffle button in any of those places, please share a short screen recording which shows how things look on end so we can investigate further.

Cheers!

31aopaihklf7dogodlr6

Region: Australia

Plan: Premium

Devices: iPhone 13 ProMax - iOS 16.1.2

Username: 31aopaihklf7dogodlr6k3k4jvle

Problem: I have currently subscribed for a full-year subscription. Unfortunately, the shuffle button has disappeared on every single albums or playlist on my Spotify app. Would you mind helping me to sort this thing out?

B5B30F74-8B9F-49E7-9CE9-FC9C8C0D7B9D.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 16.6

My Question or Issue

My shuffle play button has disappeared. Is this a known bug that will be fixed or an intentional change. This was a very useful feature for me so i dont know why its gone for me.

Eni

Hey there @user-removed

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on your phone or on other devices as well?

If this only happens on your phone, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists afterwards or if it happens across devices, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? We'll take a closer look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Thanks for the response. Upon checking a playlist on a different phone, there was no shuffle button present next to the play button. I have also tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of Spotify with no success. It might be worth mentioning that I had recently (today) transferred data from a previous account to another (the account I’m using right now) through Spotify support as my past one had some issues that were fixed with the transfer. 

IMG_0567.jpeg

This is what I see on my end. There should be a shuffle button next to the play button no?

IMG_0568.png

It would look something like this photo.

MihailY

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us. Apologies for the confusion.

What you're seeing are changes to the user interface that are currently being tested out. Your feedback is welcome and will be forwarded to the relevant team at Spotify.

In the meantime, note that you can still access the Shuffle button from the Now Playing View.

We hope this helps.

taylor3817

I recently got my own spotify premium account after sharing with my family, and I noticed that I have no way to shuffle play anymore. On the old account there used to be a shuffle option next to the play button at the top of playlists, but now the only way I can shuffle is by pressing play and then shuffling after. I am using an iPhone 11 with iOS 16, and my spotify is fully updated. How can I fix this? 

Also, my spotify still has the enhance button, instead of the enhance shuffle button.

image0.png
RoronoaFL27

IMG_8845.png

 I have the same issue, there’s no shuffle button to shuffle the playlist. I have to pick a song and then shuffle but that shouldn’t be the case, I should have an option to shuffle the playlist itself. 

sophit

I have the same problem, there is no shuffle button next to the play button. I used to share a premium account with my family but only recently got my own premium account. Upon getting it I realised that there is no shuffle button on any of my playlists anymore, which was a feature I found really useful. I can still shuffle the playlist after I click a song on the now playing view but I find it really annoying to do. 

IMG_0453.jpeg

This is what it looks like for me. But on my family's account it looks like this.

IMG_0454.jpeg

Is there any way I can have this feature back?