Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sign In With facebook and account name and password get different results...

Sign In With facebook and account name and password get different results...

When I saw the $.99 for three months premium I just couldn't pass that up, so for speed reasons, I just signed in with my facebook account, then proceeded to purcahse the deal. The premium kicked in right away and I've been loving it. But just now, I went to sign in at my desk on my desktop and instead of using the facebook sign in, used my user name and password, and that opened me up to Spotify FREE instead of premium. What's the problem here? Why are not these two accounts linked, and since they're obviously not, how can I do it, or even change my premium from the facebook to my account name and password. I don't want to rely on facebook to access my Spotify premium account.

Anyone?

1 Reply

Hi @fxd35_hd2006. I'm not actually certain as to why your login credentials generated an entirely new account, unless you explicitly tried logging in through the "sign-up" option as opposed the "sign-in" one. Regardless, you're going to want to get in touch with support so they can merge these two accounts for you. This will allow you to log-in in the future with either your Facebook details or just regular log-in details.

Support can be reached one of three ways: through the online contact form; on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares; or by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know.

Suggested posts