Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sign in via facebook - wrong email address

Sign in via facebook - wrong email address

Hello!

I initially signed up for Spotify using my Facebook credentials. Recently, when trying to enable my account for premium, I went into the Spotify account details and it is listing the wrong email address, an email address that I don't recognize at all. When I try to change the email address, it does not recognize my facebook password. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Brian

8 Replies

If you go to your online overview do you have a username which is not a number? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I have a username which is unique to me - something not a number.

In that case your account wasn't created via Facebook, you should be able to update that email address directly from your online profile

Peter

Actually, my username is the same as what is on this post.

Is that a username you choose when you registered? 

If your account was created outside of Facebook, you will have a unique Spotify password to go with that username which you need to enter on your profile to make changes (not your Facebook password).

Peter

I've tried that, but the password that is set when I try to change it is not the same as my Facebook password. And of course, reset password emails go to this other email address... 😞

I'll keep trying to figure out that password - hopefully I can, and then can change my email address.

Don't drive yourself mad 😉 

If you drop the team an email here they will be able to lend a hand. If you get an automated email back, just reply directly to it and that will bump your case over to an adviser. 

Peter

Suggested posts