Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I'd like to setup a Spotify account for my grandfather.

However he does not want a Facebook account, and to be honest, is too old to comprehend the issues related to using Facebook, such as privacy. 

So how does he go about creating a account (and probably becoming a paying member) without a facebook account?

Regards,

Phil

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well that's just dumb. They must me loosing tons of potential customers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

There is no way to sign up for Spotify without Facebook.

Feel free to Kudos this post in the Ideas section:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Not-to-be-forced-into-just-Facebook/idi-p/219

Marked as solution

Well that's just dumb. They must me loosing tons of potential customers.

I agree. I have decided to delete my Facebook account because of privacy concerns and the frustration in Facebook's using my data as a marketing device and to more and more money. I wish great companies like spotify would be sensitive to the needs of all its potential (and past) customers. Spotify has changed the way I listen to music and I was considering becoming a premium user permanently. Now, I guess deleting facebook means I must delete all of these other great programs I have come to love because they refuse to stand on their own two feet, and not walk in the shadow of bully companies such as Facebook.

This is an old thread, a non-Facebook signup option was made available on 30 August 2012.

I can't find this feature. I have searched everywhere and the only thing I've found is to create a new account. This does not seem like a viable solution. They should have stated this when you click to link your spotify account with facebook that essential you are moving your infomraiton into spotify and cannot hace access to it if you ever want to delete facebook...

I'm very dissapointed.

From the about Facebook page on Spotify

"Facebook Connect is a new feature that lets you sign in to the community using your Facebook user name and password.

• You start by connecting your Facebook account and your community profile. Then, the next time you sign in to Facebook, you can automatically sign in to the community, too.
  • When your accounts are connected, you see a Connect with Facebook link next to the regular Sign In link. Clicking that link signs you into both the community and your Facebook account.
  • Likewise, signing out of the community logs you out from Facebook, too.
  • You can also use your Facebook photo as your community avatar.
  • And if you change your mind, you can disconnect your profile from your Facebook account and go back to signing into the community with your old login name and password."

http://community.spotify.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/facebook#facebook

How do I make this happen? Right now when I sign in with my old login name it stays in offline mode.

If you signed up with Facebook, you're stuck with it forever unless you make a new account.

If you signed up before or after Facebook was a requirement to join Spotify, you can use your old login details and disconnect.

Suggested posts