Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Signed up for FREE 60 day premium trial and was charged

Signed up for FREE 60 day premium trial and was charged

i signed up for a FREE 60-day spotify premium trial at the beginning of december 2013.  subsequent to this, i was charged $9.99 on 12/3/13 and 1/3/14 for spotify premium service.  this is false advertising / fraud.  what's more shady is that when i looked at my account to manage my subscription, it indicates that i got 2 free months for october and november.  this is a complete fabrication as i did not sign up for the available 60-day free offer until december.  these business practices are highly suspect.  my account needs to be reimbursed for 2 months ASAP.

4 Replies

Hi @casian504

Please get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to sort this issue out with you.

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Same exact thing happened to me, I signed up for a 60 day free trial on 12-29-13 and was charged $10.66(!) on 1-28-14 for premium service.

@indigetal -- you'll get a response from our support team soon, but the Spotify account connected to your Community profile started a 60-day free trial on 29th November, which expired 29th January as expected. If the receipt you received for that trial is dated 29th December, feel free to send a screenshot to support.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi Adam,

That is correct, I knew I signed up just after a holiday and must've confused Thanksgiving for Christmas. I have cancelled my subscription anyways but accept the $10 charge as part of the deal.

Suggested posts