Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Signed up with email - can't change profile information.

Solved!

Signed up with email - can't change profile information.

I have spotify premium which I signed up for through using my email and creating a username (not by using facebook). However, I am trying to update my profile information to the correct zip code, birthday, etc. and it won't let me. I keep getting an error message that says "an account is already created with this email" but I am already logged into my account and clicking the link that says profile. I am not trying to sign up for a new account. How do I fix this?

Also, is there a way to link to my facebook and unlink it if I wish, since I signed up via email. I want to make sure I can unlink spotify from my facebook before linking incase I ever decide to delete my facebook. Or can people search and follow me if I give them my username?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Since you have a Spotify username, you can connect and disconnect from Facebook as you please from the Desktop client (Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network).

People can also follow you with just your username by searching for spotify:user:<username> so for example my profile is spotify:user:hammeh.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi,

try to do everything on spotify with your facebook account.it's better and faster!

🙂

Marked as solution

Since you have a Spotify username, you can connect and disconnect from Facebook as you please from the Desktop client (Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network).

People can also follow you with just your username by searching for spotify:user:<username> so for example my profile is spotify:user:hammeh.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dear Peter, 

I have the same problem as festivalfanatic: That I can sign in via my facebook account, but that I'm not allowed to also be able to sign in via my email. I'm a premium member. I think you didn't give an answer to the problem, as you're just suggesting to use facebook. However, I have reasons to want to sign in via my email plus a password. Why isn't is possible???

/Assamanso 

@assamanso

This is because you created your account with Facebook.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login. You will need to create a new Spotify account that uses a username, and include that username with the description of your problem when you are contacting support.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts