Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Solved) Can't Login to Web Player

Solved!

(Solved) Can't Login to Web Player

I am a free user using Firefox on Windows 10. I very recently had to reinstall Windows, and now when eveer I try to login to Spotify Web Player it just tells me "Sorry, couldn't find that." in the pop up window that's normally supposed to give you the login page. I have tried clearing history and cookies but this hasn't worked. I am able to login to the app just fine.

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well after contacting Spoftify Support, they suggested making sure my time zone was correct on my desktop. It wasn't. I set it to the correct time zone, restarted, and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try and log into the web player using another browser? If that doesn’t help, please try rebooting your device. 

Let me know if this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried both Chrome, and Edge then a system restart. Still can't login.

@user-removed -

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry if that didn’t work. Are you able to download the Spotify Desktop App, following these steps: https://support.spotify.com/_spotify/the_basics/download-the-spotify-player/?

Also, check your Wifi, or data connection, to see if it’s strong enough to connect to the internet. 

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes I am able to download and play music from the app, but I'd prefer to use the Web Player in that I find it more convenient to use.

@user-removed -

Thanks for the reply! 

Okay, no worries - Next, could you try checking your internet connection? 

Also, please go ahead and check for any browser updates, and clear all cache/browser history.

Let me know how you get on ☺

Billy-JSpotify Star

Sorry for the late reply, I checked my internet speeds and have attached the result. I doubt it is a problem though because as I stated earlier I am able to login and play music just fine from the Spotify app.

results.PNG

Hey @dtexneus!

What is the link that you're using to enter in the Spotify Web Player website?

Could you try entering in it through this link: http://open.spotify.com

If it works, please give a feedback.

Takes me to https://open.spotify.com/login then when I try to login it gives me the "Sorry, couldn't find that." message.

I recently found out that I can still use the web player on my laptop, so this is an issue just on my desktop.

@user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, in this case - I would recommend reaching out to support of your computer, and see what they can do in this case, since it seems to be working on another laptop.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Well after contacting Spoftify Support, they suggested making sure my time zone was correct on my desktop. It wasn't. I set it to the correct time zone, restarted, and it worked fine.

@user-removed,

Great 🙂 I'm glad to hear that you were able to get things fixed. If you need any help in the future, you can always reach back out and start a up a new thread. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts