Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some Questions About Account Transferring...

Solved!

Some Questions About Account Transferring...

I asked the question a few months earlier "Am I able to change my username?" and someone suggested that I email Spotify and request them to create a new account and transfer playlists. I have a few questions.

1. Would this new account be automatically added to my premium family plan in place of my old account?
2. Would my downloaded music (3 gigabytes worth!) be saved?
3. Can I have the same email on my new account as my old one?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @md04c,

1. No, you'll have to tell the Premium for Family plan admin to send you another invite.
  2. No, because it's a separate account so you'll have to re-download everything.
  3. Yes, Spotify Support can free the email address up for you. Just let them know that you would like to use your current email so they can do the necessary steps to make that possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @md04c,

1. No, you'll have to tell the Premium for Family plan admin to send you another invite.
  2. No, because it's a separate account so you'll have to re-download everything.
  3. Yes, Spotify Support can free the email address up for you. Just let them know that you would like to use your current email so they can do the necessary steps to make that possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts