Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some albums disappeared

Some albums disappeared

Hi Guys,

Since a couple of days, I can't listen to any Dutch (new) album on Spotify. It doesn't work for me through the webplayer, the desktop version and the mobile aplication. I checked my country settings and my proxy settings seems to be in order too. I bought Spotify premium just so I could listen to these specific albums, but now it feels like a failed purchase if I can't even listen to what Spotify has to offer. 

Can someone help me out or had the same kind of experience and maybe a solution?

6 Replies

Could you post a link to some content you are having issues with? I will check the Spotify catalogue for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It isn't the Spotify catalogue that's wrong. It's the content that is unavalaible for me and avalaible for everyone else. 

Hello: The reason for the request for links to some of the content is the content regions information can be looked up, and seen which regions the content is available in. All music content has region restrictions. DIfferent releases are available in different regions and so and so forth is all.

Do you mind posting your listening region, might help? There are a few website resources to check on at least new releases available by regions would you like to have these?

Thanks for your reply JayLB.

I am streaming from the same location in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Point is, that my friends, who also use spotify can listen to a lot of Dutch albums that I somehow can't. 

It is really anoying to me because I also want to listen to them but they are invisible for me.

I did 2 tests to see what is going doing:

1) At a friend's place, logged in with his account, I could listen to album A. If I logged in with my own account, on the same computer, in the same house, in the same street, in the same city, in the same country, album A dissapeared. Logging off with my account, logging in with my friends: the album is back and listenable.

2) At work, I am allowed to stream Spotify to demonstrate various audio speakers. All of my collegau's can listen to album B with their spotify app on their smartphone, expect for me. It has one really cool song on it that is "hot and happening" right now in the Netherlands. Unfortunatley I have been paying for 3 months without ever being able to actually listen to that song/album myself. 

I wanna check something out. This is a Dutch playlist, made by Spotify The Netherlands. I want to check how many songs this playlist has for you. The description says it contains 56 songs. For both my friend and colleagues, it's not biggie to play them. For me, only 13 songs are visible. I added 2 screenshots of the said playlist: One of the Spotify webplayer, and one of the desktop version. 

LINK: Woordenschat

2.png
1.png

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the quick reply Matt.

Suggested posts