Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some albums not available in my country

Solved!

Some albums not available in my country

I'm sure this has been asked a trillion times - So I apologize in advance if I'm repeating. I'd just like an explanation.

I was just adding loads of Breaking Benjamin songs when I realized... two albums are missing. (Dear Agony & Saturate)

I looked them up on the Spotify website and in Spotify it says that one is just unavailable and the other unavailable in my country (Denmark).

Is this a bug or a legal issue? It'd be swell if someone could explane 🙂

- Steffen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have a read at this FAQ which explains why some tracks/artists are unavailable in some countries. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have a read at this FAQ which explains why some tracks/artists are unavailable in some countries. 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I'm trying to find the Soundtrack of One Shot to the movie "Taxi 2".

Though this is a famous one, i'm not able to track it down in Spotify.

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately not all of the worlds music is available on Spotify, have a read at this topic for the details. 

Peter

hello.

i feel the need to reply to this post like 2 years late because i did not want to start another thread about this but your "solution" is not helping at all. it does not even explain why some albums or songs are not allowed in some countries. that faq page is not as simple you think it is. and it is extremely annoying to be sent to a faq page instead of having real answers which looks like written by real people not answer bots. anyway this problem is not solved. your answers and faq do not help at all.

Can somebody from Spotify's support team please comment?
I have searched for dozens of albums from known artists but they are missing.

Thank you

I have the same problem and when i searched b.a.p their albums were available but their not on the app appart from their latest album, why cant we have music that IS on Spotify in New Zealand

Found out spotify has these albums but I can't play it in the u.s ,why??? They were released here back in the day when they came out in 2000,2001
Screenshot_20161224-014028.png
Screenshot_20161224-012405.png

Hi Richard,

Your link goes nowwhere now (understabable as it's years old).

The issue for me is that a friend in the UK can listen to an album I can't even see. The deals that Spotify does with bands must be complicated but specifically denying a specific album is poor form. Like our tiny country isn't workth the licence fee.

I can play nearly all the Black Keys' albums but Attack and Release is missing.

hello

I have the same problem, the thing is that the album I'm looking for SHOULD be available on my country and it doesn't. The album is called "solipsist" the band "the zenith passage"  I was asked to reistall the app and to search on a different device and none worked.

Suggested posts