Premium (Subscription cancelling soon)

Country

Device

iPad

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I went on Spotify around a week ago and found that for some reason a random song was playing. I looked on it and found it was playing on an android (which I don’t own). My profile picture and actual name had also changed. The name was presumably middle eastern. I looked on my playlists and recently played and there were a lot of new songs that I didn’t add. I quickly changed my password and tapped “log out everywhere”, yet today I still found one of the songs playing on an android as I logged on. I checked my email and there was no new email about another password change. 

Can an anybody help with this?

(All those metal/satanic or whatever songs in the attachment aren’t mine. Neither is the profile picture nor name)

E3091BA1-03FE-45FC-921F-19C289F764A7.png
3 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the exact same problem for almost two months. I have read the FAQ page you mentioned and several others, removed all apps connections (through the spotify web site) and signed out from everywhere several times. Also, changed my password (facebook password since my account is linked). I have no strange sign-ins on facebook. This usually fixes the issue for one or two days, but it all starts happening again. I am seriously considering moving to a differente music service. 

Hi @doncoque

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

Suggested posts