Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs mute, it seems to play it but no sounds comes out!

Solved!

Some songs mute, it seems to play it but no sounds comes out!

Some songs (these are totally random) seem to mute. My playlist is on shuffle and suddenly I notice there's no sound. Problem seems to be in Spotify, other sounds work just fine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I might have the solution! Cat Happy ... (forgive me if i can't speak english but i'm not from a english speaking country)...
It also happened to me; I couldn't play certain songs either... 

You know, when you click on a song in spotify, in the same line as the name of the song, it tells you how long the song is, what album it is from, when you added it, and so on.

Maybe you'll notice that in that line of the song that seems to be mute - between "album" and "added" -  there is a little icon with a note on a paper. 
Here's a photo: The note paper!! 
When that icon is there, the song can't seem to be played.
For some reason, it's because the song is already existing on you computer in another music program, like iTunes or something like that. 

How to fix it:
Go to the folders on the left side on the window - same place where you can see your playlists, "what's new", "Library" and those sites - and select "local files". Now delete all the songs in that folder, and now you can play them!

I hope i'm not off topic or misunderstanding something in your discussion, but that seems to be the problem, right?... It worked for me Cat Tongue... I hope it can help you guys also... If the case is not so, i'm sorry, i tried.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello,

What sort of computer are you running Spotify on?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I had that happen when my playlists on my itunes ended up snyced now a bunch of my songs wont play. Did anyone else find a solution?

I am also having this problem, any solutions?

Marked as solution

I might have the solution! Cat Happy ... (forgive me if i can't speak english but i'm not from a english speaking country)...
It also happened to me; I couldn't play certain songs either... 

You know, when you click on a song in spotify, in the same line as the name of the song, it tells you how long the song is, what album it is from, when you added it, and so on.

Maybe you'll notice that in that line of the song that seems to be mute - between "album" and "added" -  there is a little icon with a note on a paper. 
Here's a photo: The note paper!! 
When that icon is there, the song can't seem to be played.
For some reason, it's because the song is already existing on you computer in another music program, like iTunes or something like that. 

How to fix it:
Go to the folders on the left side on the window - same place where you can see your playlists, "what's new", "Library" and those sites - and select "local files". Now delete all the songs in that folder, and now you can play them!

I hope i'm not off topic or misunderstanding something in your discussion, but that seems to be the problem, right?... It worked for me Cat Tongue... I hope it can help you guys also... If the case is not so, i'm sorry, i tried.

I deleted mine as well but you should be able to add your music and have it play I think. Thank you. 😄

If memory serves, tracks purchased as mp3's in iTunes can't be played in Spotify as local files.  In which case, they may have begun playing once you removed the track from your local files (presumably because the track was available in the catalogue for streaming).

Here's the FAQ on the meaning of the Local File icon.

http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/local-files/what-does-the-file-icon-to-the-right-of-the-track-mean/

Also, it may be worth double checking your local files to ensure they are in a supported file format.

http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/local-files/which-file-types-are-supported-by-spotify/

Has the solution worked for everyone else here? 

Suggested posts