Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Somebody controls my spotify

Solved!

Somebody controls my spotify

Hey!

I did not found any similar topic so i started this.

First of all a user cannot join to my home network on wifi if its device mac address is missing from the router's mac filter. I'm using WPA2 authentication with a 15 long password that contains lowercase and uppercase characters, special characters and numbers, its not even pattern-like. My router can be accessed only on a wired device.
So on my phone in spotify an Amazon FireTV (to clarify - i dont have an amazon firetv) appeared in the device list, i accidentaly pressed this and after that my computer to continue listening the music in my room.

Later my music turned off, i checked spotify and i saw in the device list that spotify is listening on Amazon FireTV. I thought it is some kind of bug so i selected my computer again, after that again silence and music continued on somebody's iphone7. This repeated like 5 times and im sure it was not my device because the user listened some trash that was kind of noise for me.

I checked my router's client list and only my computer and my phone was on it. (by interface one wired and one 2.4ghz wifi).
Then i disconnected all devices on my account management page.

But the question remains here, what was this? It sounds like some security issue, isnt it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You could try to change your password and remove all devices again

Hope this helped

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @ravencs, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can try logging out of every device from your account page. For extra safety, you can change your password.

Let us know if after that, you still see the same.

Keep us posted!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

You could try to change your password and remove all devices again

Hope this helped

Marked as solution

Hi @ravencs, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can try logging out of every device from your account page. For extra safety, you can change your password.

Let us know if after that, you still see the same.

Keep us posted!

Hey. I did the same as you and the previous commenter said and it worked. After that i checked some hacking news and read that dropbox has been hacked (like 67M accounts) and probably i had an account with this mail address and same or very similar password. So anybody with old or forgotten dropbox account should be very careful, change pass etc.

Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts