Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Somebody hacked into my account !

Somebody hacked into my account !

Hi !

This evening I discovered somebody hacked into my account. He renewed the premium subscription and added two Android phones (one of them is Galaxy J7 2016).

Non of my friends or familly have any of these android phone and I NEVER gave my password to anybody.

I removed the two devices and changed my password, but who knows what happens. Please tell me what's going on here !

Thanks !

2 Replies

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday, down to the Galaxy J7 phone! I'd never logged into anyone else's phone or computer with my Spotify info, and I only became a premium user recently. I was listening on my desktop when the J7 phone took control over the account and started listening. I could actually see them skipping through tracks. It was so bizarre and scary. (Though oddly funny, in a way, because they were playing a playlist I would totally listen to on my own.) I did a log out of all devices and changed my password. But I'm still a little shaken by it.

Happened to me as well, I think there's another security breach into Spotify (last ones were in dec 2017 and then early 2017) - I had an **bleep** connecting my spotify account into his facebook account, a Fernando Areco from Paraguay.

Anyhow, after I reset the password, the account is still attached to his FB with his name, found a way to disconnect his profile from spotify via desktop app BUT his pictures is still showing everytime i use Spotify, absolutely ridiculous (shows how badly they want your FB account to populate the blank fields in their future advertising platform). 

I think Spotify is aware of this and probably they're going through a big clean up right now. Conveniently of course they're not letting any of us premium users know about this. 

Suggested posts