Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Somebody is using my account and has just deleted all of my playlists

Somebody is using my account and has just deleted all of my playlists

I have tried resetting my password on both spotify and Facebook and have logged out of all offline devices, but this person still has access to my account. What can I do? 

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, 

That doesnt sound too good but Im sure we can work something out. If you really assume that someone still has access to your account after you've resetted your password and you've also logged out everywhere using the 'log out everywhere' feature at the bottom of this page, I think its to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to temporarily freeze your account until things are resolved.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

It is actually possible to recover a playlists but that only counts if it's deleted in it's entirety (like you've said), you can find that feature here.

Unfortunately, as a user, you only have the option to restore entire playlists. If you want specific songs to be restored (in the future maybe), you'll have to get in touch with the staff.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts