Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12/13

My Question or Issue

Somebody is using my account, liking music, making playlists. I've changed passwords, logged in with FB (with 2 factor), and logged out of all devices. How could this be happening?

4 Replies

Hey @zooooot, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd recommend checking out this support article for more info and the next steps to take.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've had the same problem for the past few months. I've changed my password using a random password generator 4 or 5 times now, most recently on 9/25/2019. Just today in Recently Played there are multiple playlists and artists that aren't from me. What's going on, Spotify?

Yes I've taken all of those steps previously. Changed passwords to FB (I log in with it) and Spotify also. FB has 2FA so that shouldn't be an issue.

Hey there, another option you can try to fix this is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that have to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list.

I hope I was able to help! Let me know if anything changes!

Did this work for you? If so please mark it as the solution. This helps other users find the solutions to their problems in the future!

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 11.27.53 AM.png

Suggested posts