Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone Changed My Email

Solved!

Someone Changed My Email

I recieved an email from spotify stating the email for my primary account had just been changed, but i did not request this change.  As of now i can not log in to my primary account and by using a secondary account i can see that someone has been using my premuim subcription.  I have emailed spotify but no one has responded.  Does anyone have any idea on how to remedy this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RileyBrinker

I see you mentioned that nobody from support replied.

If you emailed support, they usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Make sure to use this link when contacting support about a hacked account

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Also, make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using this contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with and enter a preferred contact email. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @RileyBrinker

It's not cool when someone takes something that's not theirs. Get in touch with Spotify by following this link (you won't have to login with this link) to send an e-mail and they'll be able to look into it for you.

If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify should reply within 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Marked as solution

Hey @RileyBrinker

I see you mentioned that nobody from support replied.

If you emailed support, they usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Make sure to use this link when contacting support about a hacked account

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Also, make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using this contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with and enter a preferred contact email. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Me too, what should I do?

I have receieved an email and told me my linked-email was changed,

I can't reset my email.

I have emailed to  "account-details-changed@spotify.com" but still no one reply me.

What should I do?

SOLUTION

Same issue - email changed and couldn't log in

I used this link: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-anonymous/

This link takes you to an online chat with a spotify person (a real person to talk to)  without the need to log in to your account (because you can't!)

To prove it was me they asked for details of a device I had recently used spotify on. (model, make, OS, etc)

Once they knew it was me they provided a reset password link - this was sent to my email address (not the fake one)

Reset password and problem solved. 

Took 10mins total.

Impressive customer service but shame this has happened to so many people.

Suggested posts