Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone STOLE my Premium Spotify Account ! Help me, please !

Solved!

Someone STOLE my Premium Spotify Account ! Help me, please !

Hi,

A few minutes ago a received an email from "Spotify Japan" (I live in France), telling me that my email address has been changed. I didn't do this change, someone obviously stole my account. I'm really upset because I subscribed to the Spotify Premium a few days ago for the first time and now someone has my credit card informations !! Could you please help me to take my account back ?? I'm able to connect myself on my account thanks to Facebook but I can't change anything because this person has also changed my password...

I am very anxious right now, I don’t really know what to do. I've already send a message here: https://support.spotify.com/fr/contact-spotify-anonymous/

I'm waiting for their answer but I also wanted to know if someone out there had the same problem and how they resolved it ?

Thank you.... 

PS: You will find a screenshot of the email in the attachment below. 

connard.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mylouwx

If you contact support from your account, the support reply may probably go to the email you no longer have access to.

It;s good that you used the anonymous contact form, just make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mylouwx

If you contact support from your account, the support reply may probably go to the email you no longer have access to.

It;s good that you used the anonymous contact form, just make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @mylouwx!

We're sorry to hear that this happened to you. We'll nudge our Emails team from our end. You should be receiving an email from them soon.

Take care.

My account was also hacked and as I can't log in I'm having trouble getting through to support and even knowing whether or not my messages are going through. Chat seems unavailable to me.

First, thanks to Osornos and Juan Camilo for their reply, I've been reached this morning by the Spotify Support. They blocked my account, erased my Facebook and Twitter connection to the App and asked me my last receipt to prove that I payed for the premium in order to be sure that the account is mine. I've just sent an email with all the document they asked and now I'm waiting. I must say that I'm so relieved now... 

alex414, I don't know since when you tried to contact the support but know that it may take a few hours to have an answer. Don't worry. I was hacked around 6pm yesterday and the support reached me this morning à 9am. I had to send a message here : https://support.spotify.com/fr/contact-spotify-anonymous/ but I also sent one to SpotifyCares' Facebook Page and Twitter Page. They answered me faster on the twitter page...

I hope they took care of your problem since the time you posted this message ! Good Luck 🙂 

PS: Sorry if I mispelled words or something..., English isn't my first language 😉 

Thanks! I've tried in Facebook chat, through email and the online form but didn't even get an automated response so wasn't sure whether it was working. Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Suggested posts