Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone bought a subscription with MY stolen credit card!!!

Someone bought a subscription with MY stolen credit card!!!

Someone at a fast food restaurant kept my debit card &  used my # and purchased a Spotify subscription (among MANY other purchases)

How can I find out the email and phone number associated with this purchase? The store manager said it would be helpful to know which employee did it.  Please tell me how to reach someone who can help track down origin of the purchase.

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies

Hello!
You have to immediatelly contact your bank, even though it is a little bit late now, but they will help you with getting your money back.
Have a great day!

Hey Lsmalling65,

Sorry to hear that.  We would be able to help find the Spotify account that charged you and get the charge refunded - but we would not be allowed to give out any personal details of the Spotify account.  

If you would like us to search for the account, please send a message to this link and then post your case number into this thread.  I will then get this chased up for you.

Thanks, I did contact my bank. What I am looking for is how to reach
customer service. I want to know what phone number & email are associated
with the charge to my credit card.

My bank is taking care of the fraud. What I want to know is what email
address was used for the account charged to my credit card. If you are
going to accept my credit card for payment without verification, then you
should at least give me the courtesy of the info used to create the account
that I have paid for.

The only way that we can give out the information on that account is if we are approached by the Police regarding the fraud.  Even though they mis-used your card, they are still protected by data privacy regulations.  If you would like to take that approach, we would first need to find the account that charged you - this will then give the police officer a reference number to quote when they contact us.

I have contacted the police & have made a report to the Internet Crimes
division. I have also contacted my bank because this is far more than a
$9.99 charge to Spotify. However, there should be no protection for anyone
who is using my card to open an account. You accepted MY card as payment -
you should tell me, the card holder, what Email address you sent my receipt
to. Or better still, please forward me a copy of MY receipt, since I didn't
receive it.

I would not be able to provide those details here.  Could you please send a message to the email support via this link?  They will filter it to my team and we will help with the request.

something similar has happened me for the past 5 months my debit card has been paying for a subscription using my debit card. my bank have cancelled the direct debt but how do i get my money back. should my bank sort this or yourselves

Suggested posts