Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone controlling my account. Still after i changed password and logged out of all accounts.

Someone controlling my account. Still after i changed password and logged out of all accounts.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell XPS 15

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Just a bit ago I was on my computer, not using Spotify, when suddenly a rap song just started playing on my computer. I had never heard the song so I just paused it but a couple seconds later it started again (the song was "Ban" by "Cannabis Club ATL").

It stopped but then a bit later it started playing again but this time from another device (it said it was in browser on chrome). I tried switching the song to a song on my playlist and then it got skipped to another song on my playlist and they skipped like 30 seconds into the song, making me think it's another actual person.

After that I went to my Spotify account online and changed my password and logged out of all devices, and I changed my Facebook password and logged out of all devices (I usually use Facebook to log in). But when I logged back in to Spotify on my laptop the song just started playing again, this time from my computer again. 

I'm not sure what to do now, it seems like some kinda virus or hack.

22 Replies

I think I figured this out. The same thing was happening to me, even after changing my password and logging out of all devices. Go to settings, and click on advanced settings. There is a button enabled automatically on all accounts to allow web access to your account (meant for if you're using a computer or phone other than your own that does not have the app.) if you turn this off, you can only access your account from the spotify app on your phone or the spotify software on your computer, meaning that the "listening on chrome" user cannot access your account.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 11.21.11 AM.png

How did you manage to even find that setting option? I've tried accessing the advanced option on my PC and I can't find it. I can't even access an advanced setting on mobile either. Could you elaborate a little more a to where I can find this option. 

I’d reccomend making sure this person isn’t signing into your Bluetooth, so this problem doesn’t happen, you can manage your devices in settings under devices, make sure to check that if it happens again.

Suggested posts