Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else connected a device to my account and I can't do anything about it

Solved!

Someone else connected a device to my account and I can't do anything about it

Looks like my account got compromised and someone connected a device to my account. It seems to be a console since forcing the logout of everywhere doesn't work. I changed my password instantly.

I did send a support ticket but I heard this problem can be also solved here. Hoping this can get fixed asap since it's not fun having someone else using your account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @novakk1 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

About your issue, take a look at these following information and actions that you should take in cases like that:

• RESET YOUR PASSWORD

Note: If your email address has been changed, go straight to step 2.

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If you follow these actions, your account will be safe...

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey again!

In this case, you need to unlink PlayStation from your account. To remove the access of a third-party app:

1. Log in to your Apps page. 
  2. Find the app you want to remove and click REMOVE ACCESS.

That’s it! You can grant access to it again at any time.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @novakk1 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

About your issue, take a look at these following information and actions that you should take in cases like that:

• RESET YOUR PASSWORD

Note: If your email address has been changed, go straight to step 2.

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If you follow these actions, your account will be safe...

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I have reset my password and my email isn't compromised so the account should be only in my control. I have used the sign out of everywhere button but unfortunately it doesn't work for playstations etc. for some reason.

Note: This doesn’t include partner devices, such as Sonos and PlayStation. For more information about logging out (or unlinking) Spotify from a partner device, check the device’s manufacturer guide.

Marked as solution

Hey again!

In this case, you need to unlink PlayStation from your account. To remove the access of a third-party app:

1. Log in to your Apps page. 
  2. Find the app you want to remove and click REMOVE ACCESS.

That’s it! You can grant access to it again at any time.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts