Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is somehow logged into and has been using my account on different devices.

Someone else is somehow logged into and has been using my account on different devices.

I signed out on all my devices on my account page and then changed my password. Hopefully this works. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this issue go away. There is music in my “Recently Played” section that I have never listened to, and the other day, someone was switching the song while I was listening to my playlist. Sometimes, when I open the app, there is a random song playing on a random device. Someone else using my account is unacceptable please help me fix this.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi @Maxeabrams

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, check if any suspicious third-party apps and offline devices are connected to your account. If there are any, please remove the access. 

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

Make sure to always keep your account protected by following the steps provided in this support article

I hope it helps!

Suggested posts