Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my Spotify and deleting my playlists.

Someone else is using my Spotify and deleting my playlists.

Someone else is constantly using my Spotify to play their music and delete mine. When I click on the Connect icon, a device that doesn't belong to me appears. I've followed the intructions on how to sign out everywhere but the problem still remains. I can't even get my own cell phone to appear through Connect feature. This is getting beyond a joke now. I can start a song and in the middle of the song this other person takes control over my Spotify. I've canceled my subscription over this.

Can anyone solve this problem please??

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

As this is a case of hacking, you'll need to get in touch with Spotify directly so they can fix it up for you.

If you submit an online contact form; your account should be back to normal in no time.
Once you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

After this is done and they're off your account, don't forget to reset your password!

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks Anthony. DO you know how long I can expect to wait before they process my request?

@Kantslag wrote:

Thanks Anthony. DO you know how long I can expect to wait before they process my request?

Once you reply to the automated reply, you should get a response within 24-48 hours.

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts