Someone else is using my account

Someone else is using my account

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

My Question or Issue

Hi guys,

it seems that some one else is using my account. Evertime I check there are some new playlists that I'm following, though I never listened to them or even saw them. 

I am logging in with my Facebook account. I changed the password, logged off of all devices etc. When I checked again, there was another playlist in my library, that I didn't follow.

Did anyone of you experience the same and can help me?

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. In this case, I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J,

thanks for the support, but it didn't solve the problem. I logged off of Spotify on all devices, then logged off of all devices with Facebook, which I use to log in. Then I changed the Facebook password, checked in on Spotify again and still someone is using my account. Last night the person was using it on a PC via Chrome Webplayer and starting music on my phone. 

I did it again today. Logged off of Facebook on all devices, hoping this time it helps. But I'm afraid doing the same thing over and over again and expecting diferent results is the definition of craziness.

Hey,

Thanks for your question.

If none of the solutions above work then I would recommend swapping accounts and get a whole new account.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to transfer your subscription between accounts, but you can cancel the account you don't want to use. After that, upgrade the other account to Premium and then contact Spotify Support. They will be happy to move your music over for you 🙂

Get in touch with them via their Support.

Thanks, 

Cya round

Suggested posts