NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my account

Someone else is using my account

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

My Question or Issue

It looks like someone else got access to my account. My playlists keep getting deleted, other playlists pop up with music I've never listened to, and sometimes when I'm listening, playback stops as it switches to a different device, and it will display songs I don't recognize are being played on this other device.

I checked my account settings, and I see my email address has been replaced with one I don't recognize at all. All the other settings, such as date of birth and country seem fine.

I tried changing the email address back to my own, but it seems the password has been changed as well. I can't change the password, because I don't have access to that email address. 

Can someone explain how to fix this?

I use facebook to login to my account.

1 Reply

Hello,

If you account was hacked and password/email changed: You can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here. This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too. If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you.

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts