Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 5s, iPad, Mac)

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I just opened the Spotify iPad on my iPad and it told me that someone was already listening on my account using a Firefox web browser.  I thought this was odd as I’ve never used Firefox. I hit ‘listen on this ipad’ and heard that it was music in Spanish. I also noted that all the ‘recently listened to’ tracks were in Spanish. I logged in to my account through a web browser and used it to sign out of all devices remotely as well as changing my password. I tried this several times but every time I did, this person was still listening to Spanish music. Since then, I’ve been stuck in a battle with them where I turn it on to my music and they switch it back to theirs.  Very frustrating. 

I’ve clearly been hacked but can’t find a way to undo it as the ‘sign out from all devices’ doesn’t seem to be working. 

Any help much appreciated. 

2 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.
Please check your connection, don't connect to unsafe networks. Use a strong password.

Thanks!

Absolutely same here, and spotify support or solutions posted here won't help at all. Only 100% working solution is to cancel this account and register a new one.

Suggested posts