Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my account

Someone else is using my account

Someone else is using my account and i cant figure out who.. Please kick em out.. Its so annoying..

Thanks
12 Replies

Change your password.

I am having the exact same issue. It's almost as if they're sitting there waiting for me to press play so that they can pause it.

I changed my password, but it did not kick out the other user.

Changing the password must have a delayed effect. I haven't had any trouble for the last half hour or so.

Changeing password, does that make all users thats using my account to get logged out?

I don't think it does.  However, once they somehow get logged out, it prevents them logging back in again.

My memory is that you can ask Spotify service to force off all logins to your account, but can't do it yourself.   BUT ... That could well be wrong.

Hi guys,

We can disconnect the devices from here. This would mean that you'd have to log in again, but also means that you'll lose any synced offline tunes. Because of this, we'd often suggest trying a change of password first.

If you'd like us to disconnect them though, just ask.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okey, yeah, i saw another thread about that.. I'll try changing the password but i Seriously doubt that Will work. I cant remeber me giving my password to someone and i have had this issue for months. I think its just someone thats using my stupidity for not logging out (Maybe on a party) to gain a free, awesome World of music!

.. So please disconnect them all!
Ill just resync my offline playlists!
Thanks!

Hey Martwald, I can't see anyone on your account at the moment. However, it might be worth getting in touch through our contact form if you continue to have issues.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

i'd like everyone logged out of my acocunt, i have changed the password and its not helping.

Thanks, Mark

Markedgington - Just logged everyone out for you, so it should be sorted. If it's still a problem, just let us know.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have this problem 2!! Please help me!! The dude is really annoying creating very offensive playlists and pausing my song all the **bleep**ing time! He has also somehow made himself the owner so that it says signed in as: and his name instead of my accountname

Remember guys, we have a dedicated thread for this now: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Someone-else-using-your-account-Pos...

Locking this thread for now.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts