Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

(PC, two smartphones)

Operating System

(Android,Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

When I checked on spotify today, I noticed that someone else was using my account. The devices menu showed devices I've never used and my spotify was full of playlists I've never made. I logged off all devices and changed my password. I never logged into spotify through any devices which don't belong to me, so I don't really understand how could have this happened.

First of all, I hope I got rid of that problem for now, but also hope that this won't happen again and if it does, then anyone who accesses the account doesn't get access to anything valuable like payment info (although I'm using Paypal, if that's any safer).

So again, I have no idea what caused this and I hope that changes could be made so that this would happen as rarely as possible.

Thank you in advance for any responses

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Vokrad227!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. I'll try to help you clear things up. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take when someone has taken over your account. That way, you can make sure your account is safe now. Also rest assured that Spotify's platform and user records are totally secure. Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach.

I'd also suggest following the steps in this Support article on how to protect your account so this doesn't happen again. Also note, even if someone has gained access to your Spotify account, it's not possible for them to access personal information like your payment details and your physical address. On another note, Spotify is currently considering implementing other security measures such as a 2 factor authentication. If you think this would be a good idea, make sure to add your votes and comments to this idea to show your support.

Hope you have a nice day and let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Vokrad227!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. I'll try to help you clear things up. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take when someone has taken over your account. That way, you can make sure your account is safe now. Also rest assured that Spotify's platform and user records are totally secure. Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach.

I'd also suggest following the steps in this Support article on how to protect your account so this doesn't happen again. Also note, even if someone has gained access to your Spotify account, it's not possible for them to access personal information like your payment details and your physical address. On another note, Spotify is currently considering implementing other security measures such as a 2 factor authentication. If you think this would be a good idea, make sure to add your votes and comments to this idea to show your support.

Hope you have a nice day and let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts