Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro 2017

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Starting last week, it appears someone else has been playing music through my spotify account. I'll see my music stop and the Spotify player will say my music is playing on someone's Moto C Plus (screenshot attached). I authenticate through Facebook.

Steps I've already taken:

1. Reset Facebook Password
  2. Implement MFA on Facebook
  3. Logged out of all devices

However, I'm still seeing the other device pop up occassionally and creating playlists on my account. It'd be really helpful to see all devices currently logged into Spotify.

Is there anything further I can do to revoke access to this other person's device?

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 9.53.12 AM.png
4 Replies

Hi did you try to change your Spotify password?

I don't have one set up, so I don't think the account could be accessed that way. Would it help to set one up anyway? I just figured not having a Spotif-specific password was more secure than having one I never use.

Hey there!

On the following URL it's explained how you can change your password and secure your profile. Please follow these steps, this should fix your issue!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-do-I-reset-my-password/ta-p/1300394

Good luck!

I'd reccomend changing your spotify password and logging out of your other devices. Best of luck! ~

Suggested posts