Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else's playlists are showing up on my account

Solved!

Someone else's playlists are showing up on my account

A few weeks ago, I noticed about 15 playlists had been added to my account.  No one had access to my computer or house, but out of caution, I changed my password and deleted them.  Today, 9 new playlists showed up.  All very varied, so much so that I doubt one person would have that within their scope of taste.  Some classical, a persian dance, Dre, Groove, Billboard 200 and more.

Anyone else seeing random playlists added to their account?

What can I do beyond change my password?  I think it's a pretty strong one.  I'm not using Facebook integration, so that's not it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are you getting the 'Playlist' pop-up when you login?  If so, you are probably adding the playlists to your account as they are pre-ticked.  You need to untick the playlists before you close that screen.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Two new playlists showed up today.  "Mellow Summer" and "Jay Z and Kanye West".   I'll leave 'em in there, hoping support will eventually contact me and see if they can figure out where these phantom playlists are coming from.

No one else seeing this?

Same here... Whats the dealio Spotify?

Marked as solution

Are you getting the 'Playlist' pop-up when you login?  If so, you are probably adding the playlists to your account as they are pre-ticked.  You need to untick the playlists before you close that screen.

Well, this is embarrassing.  Yeah, that was it.   The only option is "Yes, thanks" unless you unchecked the four boxes.  So, you're gonna make me jump through that hoop every time?  5 mouse clicks just to avoid getting random playlists.  Is there any way to have the boxes unchecked by default or just have it skip suggesting playlists?  I already use sharemyplaylists for that function.

Amoung the things I listen to are Spanish rock, old Russian music, Norwegain country and Dr Dre. However I am not much of a fan of Tupac. Maybe someone hacked your facebook.

415alanb - Have you received any more playlists popping up?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@ Moderator Sam - Nope, that was it.  I now know that to uncheck all four boxes on startup.  Not ideal, but a little less trouble than deleting the playlists.

Thanks!

Suggested posts