Someone else using your account? Post here.

Solved!
Highlighted
66 people liked this

Someone else using your account? Post here.

Edited
Spotify
‎2012-10-17 06:25 PM

UPDATE (4/4/14):

We're pleased to announce that you can now log your account out remotely from anywhere you're currently signed in. No more will your best friend be able to keep using your account after you left it signed in on their computer!

To log yourself out just head to your account page and press Sign out everywhere.

Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 15.00.23.png

We've locked this thread as it's no longer necessary. Happy listening!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

If you've left Spotify logged in somewhere and you need your best friend/sister/family pet logged out, please just post here and we'll do it for you.

By having an official thread for this we hope to be able to clear up the board a bit and get you the quickest response possible.

So, if you see anyone else in need of our help - direct them this way. Or direct them towards our contact form for a response by email.

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
11 people liked this

Re: Someone else using your account? Post here.

Gig Goer
‎2012-10-19 01:28 PM

Hi! 

Yes, someone else is using my account. A really annoying person... (sometimes interrupting every single song).  

The contact form was too slow since i posted to them several days ago. So now I am hoping for some help here and I am aware of the offline sync. Just want my problem to be fixed!

Thank you

5 people liked this

Spotify
‎2012-10-19 07:02 PM

All done now for the above.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

57 people liked this

Community Legend
‎2012-10-19 07:07 PM
I'd like to share the idea with you.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Self-Service-Device-Management/idi-p/51075

if this idea gets implemented, it would allow users to Self Help and disconnect devices and reset offline devices etc. Add your Kudos to the idea post if you would like to see this implemented.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

1 person liked this

Spotify
Spotify
‎2014-02-23 03:19 PM
All done.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
9 people liked this

‎2014-04-04 02:34 PM

Hey everyone,

Great news, you can now do this yourself!!

You've been asking for a way to do this yourselves and we've only gone and made one. 

Simply log into your account and head to your account overview page on our website. The option will be in the bottom right corner: 

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Update: @MattSuda has already shared the news. I'm going to lock this thread now, if you have any other problems, feel free to create a new thread

Don't forget if you're at all concerned about the security of your account, sign your account out from anywhere it was logged in, but it's also worth resetting your password: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and if you're still having trouble, you can reach our support team here: http://spoti.fi/LcmHYK

8,449 Replies
13 people liked this

Concert VIP
‎2012-10-18 01:04 PM

I need it done, someone else is using my account.. 

Thx in advance 

9 people liked this

Spotify
Spotify
‎2012-10-19 10:59 AM
Noziv - All done. We'd also suggest changing your password, just in case.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
11 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2012-10-19 01:28 PM

Hi! 

Yes, someone else is using my account. A really annoying person... (sometimes interrupting every single song).  

The contact form was too slow since i posted to them several days ago. So now I am hoping for some help here and I am aware of the offline sync. Just want my problem to be fixed!

Thank you

17 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2012-10-19 06:56 PM

Hi, someone else is logged onto my account and keeps pausing my music. Could you please log me out on all devices would be very grateful if you could

5 people liked this

Spotify
‎2012-10-19 07:02 PM

All done now for the above.

57 people liked this

Community Legend
‎2012-10-19 07:07 PM
I'd like to share the idea with you.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Self-Service-Device-Management/idi-p/51075

if this idea gets implemented, it would allow users to Self Help and disconnect devices and reset offline devices etc. Add your Kudos to the idea post if you would like to see this implemented.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

5 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2012-10-19 08:35 PM

Someone is apperatnly using my account all the time. Weird. Can you fix this please?

3 people liked this

Concert VIP
‎2012-10-19 09:51 PM

can you do it for me too? 

3 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2012-10-20 12:50 PM

Please log me out. Delete my ticket i sent your customer service, reference for the Case #: 00334492 ^^

SUGGESTED POSTS