Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone hacked my account and changed the password and email

Someone hacked my account and changed the password and email

Hi,

Someone hacked my account and changed the password and email address linked to the account.  I tried emailing and tweeting about this but still haven't received a response -- I've been a premium subscriber since 2012 and really love the service/plan to continue but I hate that someone stole my account and don't want to pay for them to use my Spotify.  

Please help!

9 Replies

I suggest you contact support using this alternative contact form. You will be able to enter your account info and enter the email you want Spotify to reply to you at

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, Matt.  I already contacted support using the alternative contact form.  I received an automated email and replied as you suggested.

To be clear, the email I used to sign up for Spotify is no longer associated with the account -- whoever hacked my account changed the email address so the password recovery email no longer goes to me.  I'm looking for three things here:

1) Reset of the the account's email address to my [original] email address

2) Reset of the the password

3) Logout of all devices

Numbers 2 and 3 I can take care of myself, but I need assistance with the email address part.

If you can help with this in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again.

There is nothing I can do to fix this. Support will have to do it.

Did you just reply back to the automated email right now, or has it already been over 24 hours?

Let me know if it's been over 24 hours without a reply back, and I'll give support a nudge to get back to you.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Just replied now so it's been less than an hour -- I'll reply to this message again tomorrow if I still haven't heard back.  Thanks again for your help, Matt.  This was huge.

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Matt,

I still haven't heard back (checked my junk folder) - would you mind reaching out to them for me?  I would really appreciate it.

Best,

Brian

Thanks for the PM. I'll forward this thread to them. 

Hopefully you will hear back shortly.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @brian_nyc if you've replied directly to the email that contained your case number you'll hear from a member of our team shortly. Thanks!

Thank you Matt and Meredith.

Meredith - If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, would you mind looking into this for me?  My account has been stolen since Sunday and not being able to use a service that I pay for is pretty frustrating.

Thanks again,

Brian

Suggested posts