Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone hacked my account and started listening to new artists

Someone hacked my account and started listening to new artists

Hello everyone,
In these few days I noticed a strange device in Spotify Connect that was listening to music of some new artists because on Last.FM they have something like 4-5 scrobbles.
I started investigating and I realized that this person was listening to a playlist (which I can't find right now) by another person for 13 hours straight. I went on Last.FM and all my scrobbles for the last 13 pages are something like in the screenshot I'm uploading.
1) I changed password and disconnected every device from my account. Can I do anything to report this to Spotify itself? Maybe they can have a deeper look for things like the IP that was listening to that music, the playlist and the account to report.
2) My idea is that someone bought some stolen Spotify accounts somewhere and started listening to these new artist to boost their audience, the scrobbles and other data. This could be a big problem.

Now it's been 4 hours and nothing happened, I'm trying now to delete every scrobble from my Last.FM. I hope some of the Spotify Staff can see this issue and I hope this is the right place.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
7 Replies

Hey, @SyriasSerj 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that kind of issue and take a look at the following tips to avoid any other issue related to it:

I do recommend that you change your password.
Also, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well.
It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

And you can get more information about how to protect your account here.

Ultimately, you can be in touch with Customer Support. They can help secure and restore anything lost on your account.

1. Go to our contact form.
  2. Select Logging in.
  3. Choose Someone's taken over my account
  4. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply.
I've already changed the password and logged out everywhere. This post was more of a warning to Spotify and its staff.
Do I need to contact them directly?

Hey there,

I'm @EthanS1, Just jumping in on behalf of @Luan. In this case I'd personally recommend reaching out so that the teams backstage are able to ensure that your account is secure. Staff on the Community can't log these reports due to not having access to your account information, I can pass across the information regarding the Artists to Spotify staff for further investigation but any action taken will be an internal matter and I won't be provided with further updates however

I'd recommend as you've had unauthorised account activity you drop them a email using the details @Luan has provided for piece of mind.

Take Care!

Hey @EthanS1, thanks a bunch! I've submitted a mail to the Spotify Team with all the details including the strange playlist and my Last.FM activity. Thanks for your help!

No worries! Best Wishes,

Stay Safe 💚

Is last.fm hacked i can not change my password there. 

Hi there @Bolinspotsky,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We suggest that you check out the Last.fm Support Forums or get in touch with their support teams, if you're having trouble connecting or need help with your Last.fm account.

If you have any troubles with your Spotify account we suggest that you follow the steps that's been provided in the thread.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts