Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone has been repeatedly loggin in my Spotify account

Someone has been repeatedly loggin in my Spotify account

I know I can sign out of all devices easily, but someone has been logging in my account constantly since mid-december. Usually this person pops in, I log out of all devices and he/she is gone for one or two weeks. Then it happens again. 

My Spotify account is linked to Facebook and I've changed my password many times. Since I'm not a heavy Facebook user, I even used a website to get a huge random password to make it even harder to get cracked. 

I have also logged off all devices in Facebook, since that was a possibility. Today it happened again and this person even deleted my favourite playlists (thanks to Spotify, I recovered them in https://www.spotify.com/ph/account/recover-playlists/)

How can I solve this problem? I am thinking of cancelling Spotify and making a new account without Facebook connection, since I have a feeling this may be the problem. 

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've just had the same problem as yours. I can't remember when it happend first but i believe it was around novembre/decembre 2017. I did reset my FB password at that time but someone was able to connect again 1 hour ago.

Since my Spotify account is linked to my Facebook account, I assume the ONLY way to connect to my Spotify account is to connect to my Facebook first. Yet I couldn't find any connection other than mine on my Facebook account (Settings -> Security & Login). I also did that verification the first time it happened.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I have tried these steps twice before, but they didn't work. 

So, I should basically contact Spotify? Because I'm seriously considering cancelling my subscription and presently compromised account to create a new one. 

This is exactly what has been happening to me. 

My Facebook account shows no sign of weird activity, which puzzles me a lot. 

Hey @user-removed @Littlepeyo,

I'd recommend taking another look at the support article linked above 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi Maxim,

It just happened once again so I logged out (again) all devices. I also changed my FB password and set the two-factor authentication. From now on if someone can still manage to connect the problem might be elsewhere.

Regards,

Hey @Littlepeyo,

Alright. If you ever experience such issue again, check out the support article linked above 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts