Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone has taken over my account.

Someone has taken over my account.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Omen 15

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have no idea what to do right now, first some random device got control of my account somehow and started playing French Rap etc. I took back control of the session and another device took it back. I immediately knew something was up, so I went and changed my password and logged out every device, and wiped my offline devices list.

This logged out my Laptop and my phone, but it hasn't logged out the people playing the music, somehow. I literally can't play anything without a new device jumping on and taking control. I'm at my wits end, what do I do? I had a friend have the exact same thing happen to them just a week ago and logging everyone out solved it for him.

geregeer.JPG
dfsefdew.JPG
1 Reply

Hi @rsp77

I'm sorry to hear that!

Since you've already changed your password and signed out of other devices and it didn't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. You can find the contact form here

It's also strongly advised you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Suggested posts