Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone hijacked my account, should I be worried?

Someone hijacked my account, should I be worried?

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

My Question or Issue

A few days ago I got an email from Spotify in Turkish. I used a translating tool to see what it was about and it looked like one of those "recover your password" emails. I figured someone just had a similar email to mine and made a typo so I just ignored it. But today I saw that someone had created a playlist, on my account, with only Turkish songs in it, and it was in my "recently played" list as well, so obviously someone has gained access to my account which I find very unsettling.

I logged onto the website, changed my password and then signed out from all devices. I wanted to contact Spotify to see if I should do anything else but since it's Saturday I assume they don't open before Monday.

Does anyone here know if I should be worried or take any extra precautions? I do have my credit card number connected to my account since I have the Premium plan.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

Hello @maaadde ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

I highly recommend that you change your Email's password, use a password manager to set a strong one, after you've done that change your Spotify password and you should be good!

Do reach out if you have any trouble.

Hope this helped

🙂

Thank you so much for your reply! I followed your instructions and hope it’ll do until Monday, by which I will contact Spotify just to make sure I can feel safe my information hasn’t gotten into the hands of someone else. Once again -thank you!

Suggested posts