Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is playing the same song from another device

Someone is playing the same song from another device

People keep logging into my account and playing the same song. I changed my password and logged everyone out and still the same thing happened but with a different phone. I changed my email and password and my birthdate and still the same thing happened but with another device. There is literally no reason for me to renew my subscription and not switch to apple music. Give me an option to protect my account for god sake.

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take, especially the second group of steps.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I did every step and still they managed to get into my account. I’m just gonna terminate my subscription and switch to apple music.

Hey @Mrazoze11,

Just jumping in to double-check something. 

Did you already follow the steps under 2. Then, get in touch with us in the article which @Jose_M suggested? Our folks in the Support team will help you explore all the solutions available in terms of safe-guarding your account and its content while taking a closer look at the situation backstage with you.

If you'd like, there's also the option to start with a brand-new account (preferably with a different email address and password) while keeping the content of the previous one. It'd be great for you to take a look at this Spotify answer to know more about this.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts