Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is trolling our band's profile

Someone is trolling our band's profile

Hi!

someone is apparently trolling our artist's profile (our band's name is Billow), releasing songs that have been obviously made in like 30 minutes with mocking titles (Billow - Pillow).

We have a suspicion that the songs were not made by different Billow artist, which might've happened and we think that someone is deliberately doing this, for whatever reason... (there is no trace of them on the internet, various genres, non-existing label name, mocking titles etc.)

We contacted Distrokid (our distributor) a few weeks ago, we contacted Spotify but they both say it might take weeks to remove these songs.

It's kinda annoying, I suppose there will be more songs like these in near future, they are already on our Release Radar, too. Moreover, we want to release our 'real' release soon but with these unknown songs piling up on our profile, we don't know what to expect.

so, is there any chance to solve this like immediately? Contact someone in person?

Thanks so much! Because waiting 4 weeks for removing one release while there will be 3 other releases like this isn't very helpful 😕

Jakub

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3whmhLPLYgSilXjHt9036h?si=4L3UYTKYTKuPYirc7pdKcg

1 Reply

Hey @sitczbo ,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Since you've already reached out to DistroKid and Spotify, there's, unfortunately, nothing else that can be done about this except wait.

We, the Community, don't have any backstage access.

Hopefully, your issue will be fixed soon. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts