Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is trying to hack my account.

Someone is trying to hack my account.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG ThinQ

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm constantly getting emails suggesting I should change my password because Spotify suspects someone is trying to access my account. I have received this email 5 times in the past 10 minutes . I'm not surprised by this because I've sometimes had a play history of music I did not play or even my 2018 best of playlist has songs I never listened to. I've already signed out on all devices. What else can I so?

2 Replies

I've gotten the same emails. I don't ever change my password from an email (as a rule, so that I don't accidentally get fished), but I think this is in response to the people - including me - that appear to have had their accounts compromised recently. I know I had some albums show in my recently played in the last week that I didn't listen to. I changed my password then...and have now done it 3 more times this morning, because those emails also accompany a password reset from Spotify. (So if they could please stop, yeah, that would be great.)

Same problem here, got like 6 emails so far, I've resetted my password 2-3 times already

Suggested posts