Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is using my account, deleting my playlists and isn't getting logged out

Someone is using my account, deleting my playlists and isn't getting logged out

This started happening today while I was chilling with some music on. It got interrupted, and I noticed not only one, but TWO unknown devices connected to my Spotify Connect. It also felt weird because when I started my PC today, I had to log in but I didn't notice anything then.

I reset my password to something only I know, and used the "sign out everywhere" but the person was still there. He also somehow deleted all my playlists, and made one called "twenty one pilots" with no songs in it. I started playing songs on his device with titles like "Get Out" and "Not Yours" etc. to try to make him go away but I don't know...

It actually seems like it stopped just now, but I would really want someone to look into this if possible. Really not cool in any way. Shouldn't the "Sign out everywhere" work like intended? Please help me!

Magnus

------------

Music is the best invention. Ever!
3 Replies

Hey @MagnusS,

I would recommend immediately following this guide: Someone has taken over my account.

Please ensure that after following step one, you get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form. They'll then take all the necessary and precautionary steps to secure your account and return access to you.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you read my post, I said I have access to my account, but someone else is using their devices on my Premium account. Even though I changed password and used the "sign out everywhere" functions from my Account page they were still there. I don't need access returned.

BUT it seems like it isn't happening anymore, also I was just looking for insurance that my account was safe and not still in use via Spotify Connect. If that's a thing Spotify employees can check for me.

Thanks anyways, Noah 🙂

------------

Music is the best invention. Ever!

Hey @MagnusS,

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form. They'll then take all the necessary and precautionary steps to secure your account and ensure that no one else is using your account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts