Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is using my account

Someone is using my account

Hi,

I was listening to some music when suddenly my music stopped playing and I see an unkown device name connected through spotify connect and is listening with my account. The person keeps pausing, taking back control of the music whenever I switch back to my device. I haven't given my password to anyone, and I also went and changed my password as soon as I saw this happen, but the person is still not logged out from my account. Even my app on my iPhone is not asking me to re sign-in after the password change. How can I just log-out every device thats currently logged in to my account?

Quick help is appreciated since this person is not giving in and I can't listen to my music.

5 Replies

I'm having the same problem, but not only is another user listening on my account, he has deleted all of my playlist's! I'm talking 10+ playlist's with hundreds of songs on each, and I can't find them anywhere. I haven't given my login to anyone, and the person listening, was creating their own playlist's. I have checked 

, that I am on my own account, been logging in and out for a couple of times (I'm logged in with facebook), and I've even changed my fb-password. 

I would be delighted, if I could get my playlist's again, they're dated back to 2013.

Mvh. Sidsel

If you log in to your account overview on the web you can actually re-create deleted playlists. 

Go to https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Not sure how many/how long it saves the playlists, but worth a try 🙂

Hey, @GroMiee and @MissJackson -

That's not cool! I suggest following the guide here as soon as possible: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

Thank you 🙂

Hey, I've tried resetting my password, but it looks

like my email have been changed under my account. It's also imposible for meget to change it, as it says, that my password is incorrect. The email is Gojiberry24@takebird.com, and isn't even close to my email connected to my facebook-account. I've tried sending the resetting-email, but when it isn't my email, then who am getting the link?

Hey, @MissJackson -

In this case, please get in touch with Spotify Support through this contact form immediately so we can help you out.

When you fill out the contact form for Spotify, please mention your own email address(instead of the one from hacked account) so we can send the email to that address.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

If you have any other questions, please reply 🙂

Suggested posts