Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5 & my laptop

Operating System

Android and windows 10

My Question or Issue

Okay so i have recently had this issue for approximately a month now where someone has been using my spotify account from somewhere else.

I changed my password on my spotify account a numerous amount of times thinking it would make a change, but no, nothing happened.

I signed myself from every device as soon as i changed the password and still nothing.

Then i changed my password on facebook and spotify thinking thats it, no way in **bleep** will someone get on my account again but guess what, somehow someone still logged on it.

I only use spotify on my phone and laptop, i have never logged into a random device other than my own, i dont understand how this is happening, im so fustrated im considering cancelling my subscription and using something else if it keeps on happening.

Please is someone able to help me out, i have tried signing out everywhere and changing my password a million times but nothing seems to work. And what i have noticed is that the person/bot using my account keeps listening to the same album as if they're trying to boost listeners or something. If anyone can do anything to track it down or if there is a double authenticator thing please let me know asap!

Please please please help me!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MoeC,

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @MoeC,

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Sorry Maxim, not being rude or anything but did you not read what i wrote?

I sure did 🙂

The Spotify Answers article directs you to the following support article: https://support.spotify.com/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

That article includes some more steps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I dont think that there is a fix for this. Just find out who the person is and tell his to leave.

Sometimes when you sign up for websites you give them acess to your spotify etc. Do you have any memory of doing something like that?

See what i think it might be is that somehow i mightve allowed someone/webiste/app to use my spotify through facebook or something but what ive been realising now is that ITS not a person, its like a bot network trying to boost the listen count on a playlist/songs. Either way if i did allow someone access how do i remove it?

Same problem... changed my password several times + disconnect all devices... but nothing changes. It seems that someone is connecting my account with a playstation. Remark: i dont have any playstation! I you find a solution pls let me know. Yhx

**bleep** you're having the same problem, its so fustrating, but im pretty sure you can disable the account on playstation if you go on your account page then head to apps and click remove access on the playstation.  I did this just before thinking it would fix it, ill reply in a few days to update you if it worked out for me

Why did you mark this as the solution? It didn't solve anything because everything i followed/did, didnt work??

Hey @MoeC,

Thanks for reaching out (again).

If you've followed all the steps listed in the support article, I'd recommend reaching out to Support one more time and letting them know that your issue still hasn't been resolved.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts