Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is using my spotify and he keeps changing my songs when I'm listening

Someone is using my spotify and he keeps changing my songs when I'm listening

Hi I have a problem. Someone is using my spotify. When I want to listen some music sometimes I can se he is already listening. When I want to listen songs, I change the device to my iphone. After few seconds he immediately start changing his mexican songs and turning off my songs. I don't listen mexican music, I don't even know him. I have never gave my account to anybody, neither log in to foreign device. It freaks me out. I changed password many times but after few days he shows up again. Please help me. 

8 Replies

Hey @MatthewSuba! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Thank you for recording this. It just happened to me a few hours ago. Mexican rap and some French music. The person's device was listed as iPhone de Saul. I'm on premium too. Had to purge the only 4 devices that I have connected to my account. There could'nt have been a data breach anywhere else as my password was and is UNIQUELY created for my Spotify account. So please no more nonsense with that Spotify. Obviously this is not an isolated case.

EDIT: All the 4 devices that I have previously logged onto are my own. Have never logged onto any other devices as there has never been a need to. Have never "loaned out" my account/devices to anyone else. Being my personal computer/console/old phone/current phone. Besides the fact that no one else I know listens to such music.

IMG_7818.jpg
IMG_7819.jpg

same. Did u ever solve the problem?

Hey there @zacharys18s,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you see unexpected activity on your Spotify account, we'd recommend making sure to follow all the steps listed in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support teams can take a closer look behind the scenes for you.

It'd also be a good idea revoking access from any third-party apps that you don't recognize - there's steps on doing that here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

none of this has worked for me. Same as poster No one has any of my devices or used my account. I am the only person with the password. I have changed my password, many times, revoked third party sites. Nothing has worked. If it keeps happening I will have no choice but to cancel my account and go back to pandora. This is ridiculous and a huge problem for spotify. Some random person keeps sending music to my account.

Hi there @Jess00,

Thanks for reaching out! 

The measures you've taken to secure your account are good ones. Just to confirm - have you also reset the password you use for your email associated with your Spotify account? This is an important step as well. 

Have you tried contacting support, as suggested above? They can take a look backstage and secure your account from their side. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello! Im elayla and someone is using my acount. Idont give my password or email to anyone and realy i see it that hes listening eminem and dababe and its very scary... ihave changed my password 34 secons and hes still hacking my acount. Sometimes hacker is from france and sometimes is from germany. Idont know what to do... please help me!

Hi there @Elay!

Thank you for reaching out to to us regarding your songs. We're sorry to hear this is happening to you.

If you've already followed these steps and you still experience this sudden music change, we would suggest for you to get in contact with our support team through here. They can investigate this further and help you enjoy your jams again.

If you have other questions, we are always here for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts