Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone on my account?

Someone on my account?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have premium for students and I have noticed recently that music has been on my rotation that I have no listened to ever and there was an unnamed device on my account. I promptly changed my password and signed out of all my devices and everything was good for a week and now again there is strange music appearing and another unspecified device. I want to know if there is someone that is hacking into my account and if I should cancel my plan. 

5 Replies

A lot of accounts are being leaked daily, probably yours has too, if you can also change the email of your account and your email password.

My account got hacked into twice in 5 months

Hi Krista!

My friend had the same thing happen to her. Unfortunately due to the hack all her curated playlists changed to fit the hackers preferences. Changing your password would help and also changing your email. I created a separate gmail for all my โ€œsocial mediaโ€ activities so that all my person information could stay safe and any signs of hacking wouldnโ€™t get stuck in my junk.

Hope this helps!

Hello @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account:

1. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE
  2. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where Youโ€™re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

The same weird music has popped up as before. I had like 10 different emails saying people logged into my acct from various countries. The agent helped me force everyone out of my account and change my password but now two days later the same thing has happened. I hope spotify does something about it because I am not going to continue my service!

Yikes, good idea I have been spending some time changing all my passwords. I will thanks!!!

Suggested posts