Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone on the other side of the world is accessing my premium account help please!

Solved!

Someone on the other side of the world is accessing my premium account help please!

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

IPhone 6s plus

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Someone in Turkey somehow has access to my premium account. My playlists, songs etc keep getting added to with their music. I’ve unlinked it from my Facebook incase they have access to that too but I can’t remove it completely cos I think I created the account with Facebook originally. I’ve contacted my mobile phone provider twice today and they said it’s unheard of to them and have tried to reset/cancel my account but it hasn’t changed. I got an email today about a password reset and it was in Turkish and it wasn’t from me. I have just reset my password now and logged out of everything but I can’t seem to do anything else? I feel like I need to cancel this subscription and account and start a new one but I can’t do that since it’s managed by my mobile provider and they can’t seem to do it either so I have no idea who can help me? Any advice appreciated!

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

When you registered for Spotify did you use your Facebook details or create a username? If you registered via Facebook you can reset your password at Facebook.com.

If you used Spotify, be sure to check your email Spam filter. I'd also look through your inbox to confirm you received a confirmation email from Spotify when you registered.

If none of these worked please consider contacting Spotify. To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

When you registered for Spotify did you use your Facebook details or create a username? If you registered via Facebook you can reset your password at Facebook.com.

If you used Spotify, be sure to check your email Spam filter. I'd also look through your inbox to confirm you received a confirmation email from Spotify when you registered.

If none of these worked please consider contacting Spotify. To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling. 

Thanks!

Thank you I’ve reset all passwords and signed out so hopefully this fixes the issue, I will check tomorrow and see if there is any new Turkish music added and if so I’ll try and contact Spotify 

Thank you I have reset all my passwords and signed out so fingers crossed that works!

Suggested posts