Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone's been using my account

Someone's been using my account

Last week I noticed on my Last.fm page that some weird songs had been listened to, and being that I have both accounts sync'd up . It seemed rather weird so I changed passwords and nothign happened for like a week... untill today. In the morning  I saw someone was using my account! I tried to find a solution online but  I couldn't find anything useful. I logged out from everywhere, deleted every offline device and changed passwords once again, hoping that would be enough. But now this person has been using my account again! I really do not know how to proceed and I don't know how to get in touch with anybody from Spotify who could help me out.

I'm thinking about just deleting the account and the premium subscription altogether and just creating a new one, but I'd prefer not to.

thanks in advance

10 Replies

Hi @jerobussio, welcome to the Community!

If you believe your account has been compromised, check out this page to see what you can do.

Let me know if you need anything else!

This is not the problem. I can log into my account, everything's fine except for the fact that someone also knows my password and no matter how many times I change it he keeps logging into my account. 

Perhaps someone is using your computer/another device you use for Spotify when you're not home?

If not, since you said you have logged out of all accounts and changed your Spotify password, I would run a virus check on your computer, and change passwords for connected accounts such as Facebook and last.fm.

I'll give this a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Hey @jerobussio.

Just wanted to check in with you and see how you got on 🙂

Let us know if you need any further help, we'll be right here.

Take care for now!

So far nothing's changed. This person is synced to my account and I don't know how. The other day I couldn't screen where he was logging from.  

I honestly don't know how to proceed. The only thing I have Spotify synced with is my last fm account. I just don't know how this person got ahold of my account. I'm thinking about deleting this account altogether and starting a new one

same issue here..i  started a post about it earlier...someone playing the sane two artists all the time, changed passwords several times including linked email account...

This seems to be the tip of a HUGE security flaw with Spotify that someone is exploiting.

I'll be contacting a few tech blogs and new sites about it as there seems to be a lot of people having this happen.

It's funny you should say that because this guy is playing like the same 5 songs when he does play them. Not only am I bothered by the fact he's using my PAID account but also he is messing my recent listens lists and it's really annoying. 

I've changed passwords three times already and have logged out from everywhere as many times.

Its definatly related to some sort of streaming bot scam, the artists that keep playing on ours are some crappy Trapp and Rap stuff but the tracks are really short in length (under 1 minute usually)

same here.
The big problem is that i'm listening to spotify when i'm biking, and from nowhere it will change the song (every time will change the song after 1 minute that it's playing the right song)... And it's a pain to take out the phone and change it back...
I'm thinking to remove my spotify account because i'm payning for a service that i cannot use..

Suggested posts