Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone used my e-mail address to set up an account; now I can't pick my user ID?

Someone used my e-mail address to set up an account; now I can't pick my user ID?

I decided to look into getting a spotify account and was surprised to see that someone in Sweden (I'm in the USA) comandeered my e-mail account to register for one already.

Date: August 15, 2013
Order number: 236974186017
Payment method: None
Retailer: Spotify Sweden AB
VAT number: SE556786572901
Username: domino-se

I looked up how to change my account name, and I keep seeing that this is not possible. That seems a bit ridiculous since Spotify allowed some stranger to register with my e-mail address. Is there truly no way to resolve this by resetting the account details and allowing me to select and choose my own account details?

2 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

This is odd... 

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares (ENG), @SpotifyAyuda (ESP) or @SpotifyAjuda (PT).

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

I appreciate the advice and will give that a try. Thanks.

Suggested posts